Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ocassionally Flamable

I should not make fun of this, since my wife is constantly finding spelling and grammar errors that I make on this blog and elsewhere, but a letter to the editor pointed out that there is a spelling mistake on the large blue recycling containers. The word "occasionally" is misspelled as "ocassionally". When I went to investigate this, my wife noticed that the word "flammable" is misspelled as "flamable". In fairness to the county, it was the manufacturer who made the mistakes. I am not a fan of the bins, so I find this all very funny.

Also kind of funny is that the error is actually spelled correctly in the letter. I am sure the automatic spell check fixed it without realizing that it was supposed to be spelled wrong (hence the [sic]).

0 comments: