Sunday, October 28, 2007

Remember Yesterday, walkin' hand in hand...

Wow, Ulman appears to have transformed a former rival into an ally. Ulman appointed Chris Merdon, pending approval of the Council, to head the newly formed revenue authority. I am still not clear on exactly what the revenue authority does, but one of its first tasks has something to do with the construction of a parking garage in historic Ellicott City.

Apparently, Ulman and his former opponent for the CE job have buried the political hatchet and are working together. I think members of both parties can learn a lot from these two. I would much rather read about this kind of alliance than the partisan pissing matches that people like State Delegates Bates and Miller and some others try to turn every issue into.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this - I've been dying to see this pop up on Keelan's blog but I guess he doesn't have the guts. I guess Merdon bought the fake resume too - or maybe he sees what most others in Howard County see, that Ulman is actually doing a good job.

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Keelan only mentions when Republicans do good things (or defends the bad things) or tries to make Dems. look bad. Anything that a Democrat does positive seems to ease past his attention.

Anonymous said...

"Love Letters in the sand, I remember you...."

I have been singing that song in my head for days now. Thanks Freemarket!

Kudos to Ken and Chris for getting beyond political pettiness and working together to better Howard County.