Saturday, August 15, 2009

Lisbon car dealership

I heard a rumor that a car dealership was coming to "downtown" Lisbon. It appears that this rumor may be true, based on the below photograph I took this morning.

I am sure the anti-growth folks will spin this into a sign that the end of the world is near, but I don't see it that way at all. This building appears to be neat and sporting some new siding. In fact, I believe that this is an historical building, so it is nice that it is able to find a new use. I assume the inventory of cars will be parked behind the building which will make them pretty much out of sight.

I hope this is a sign that the economy is beginning the slow march out of the recession.

1 comments:

Bob O said...

Oh, a business that will be creating jobs?

That must be bad....