Wednesday, June 4, 2008

This is not Kosher…

I've been a little too busy to post anything recently, but in my absence Wordbones has rocked the blog haus with three posts (the most recent is hither, the first can be found here, and you can find the second yourself) that raise good questions about how much weight the county government should give to the opinions of special interest groups. His examples also raise good questions about who these special interest groups represent, particularly "citizen based" groups who imply that they speak for (or represent the interests of) a wide cross section of citizens.

I think I am going to call the county government and tell them that I am the president of the Howard County Coalition of Residents and let them know that most residents fear publicly funded schools, libraries and drug prohibition. Look for me in an upcoming government sponsored video where I will be representing your interests!

1 comments:

wordbones said...

Now that's a video I'd like to see!
-wb