Thursday, April 1, 2010

Wegmans to open in December of this year!!

Wegmans has pushed up the opening date of the Columbia store to December 2010. News is just trickling in on this, but the company released a statement that they have placed a "top priority" in serving key markets, and I guess Howard County is one of those markets that they aim to be serving by year end.

"I could not be happier" said Ken Ulman in a county press release. "This just goes to show what a great job my administration has done."

More details here.

5 comments:

macsmom said...

Oh, man...you almost got me on this one! ;-)

Anonymous said...

This would have been funnier if I hadn't seen HowChow's April Fools about Whole Foods first.

HowChow said...

Excellent, and I love the link to Wikipedia. That is really moving the practical joke onto the Web. I love that we were on the same page.

Freemarket said...

Yeah, it is funny that we were on the same wavelength. Tomorrow you can blog about some libertarian stuff and I will attempt a restaurant review!

jessiex said...

Fell for 'em both, you and HowChow. Sigh. Well, I do most of my grocery shopping at the Korean stores. Plus, gotz the garden. Plus, I'm getting a CSA share (or half share) from Buckland Farm http://www.bucklandfarmcsa.com/ ... and, yes, I did just use your blog to insert an ad for a biz. 'Tis that of one of my dearest friends, and I'm wanting her success and more CSA delivery options in Columbia.