Monday, April 27, 2009

Swine flu

Health officials are asking doctors and hospitals to be on the lookout for patients who display swine flu symptoms, he [Beilenson] said, and the health department will be on call to perform tests to confirm it.

Lord Dhanwantari forbid that the swine flu should affect any more people, but I’d love to know how long it will take the County Health Department to turn around a swine flu test. If I was concerned that I had swine flu, just about the last thing I would want my doctor to do would be to mess around with the county Health Department. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s cute that county “health officials” are advising doctors to be on the lookout for swine flu. But when the rubber meets the road, these “health officials” need to know their place. If lives are at stake, there is no room for government nonsense.

0 comments: