Thursday, April 3, 2008

Wake me up, before you go go...

A big hat tip to Wordbones for the scoop that Atlanta Bread Company in Columbia is leaving. I am really surprised to hear this. I have eaten there a few times, and I thought both the food and service was good. Obviously, I am in the minority. The place was expensive, but I think every food place is expensive so I cannot rely on my own instincts about food prices. I can only assume that Delegate Liz Bobo will chalk this up to rents that are unfair and demand that the government do something to prevent this kind of loss to the community in the future.

Any guesses or hopes on what will fill that spot?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks F.M., because of your post, I am reminded of my favorite place in Columbia. Excellant food, wonderful people, extremely confortable, and the best of memories.

It is in the center of Columbia, and one of the best keep secrets, so I quess I should get back to supporting it.

Anonymous said...

You won't hear Bobo or her minions complain because it wasn't owned by locals. No matter that it still employed locals....

Why is it so darned hard to get a decent salad for less than $8 around here? I just paid over $5 for a crappy salad from Panera, complete with stale croutons and wilted lettuce.

Anonymous said...

Anon, you are so close, yet so far, crisp lettuce, thin waffer of cheese, and even baked salmon.

Mints with your check.