Thursday, December 27, 2007

Ode to Google Reader

Oh Google Reader, how did I survive without you for so long?

If you live under a rock, like me, and have not yet tried Google Reader, you need to give it a shot. The idea behind it is to consolidate all of the frequently updated websites that you visit (like blogs and news) into a single screen (one that looks kind of like an e-mail inbox) so you can easily see what has been updated. You will not believe how much time you used to spend surfing between sites. The best part is that most large sites let you feed from certain portions of that site. For example, you can have just the Howard County section of the Baltimore Sun feed to Google Reader, or just the letters to the editor, or both, or whatever. It's a great product.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. my.yahoo.com has done the same thing too. I get all the blogs, news, sports, stock quotes, weather, etc. all from my.yahoo.com