Thursday, November 15, 2007

Buy me some peanuts and creatine...

I don’t pay a bit of attention to professional sports, but the plight of Barry Bonds caught my attention. It’s wrong that Bonds lied to a federal grand jury, but I have a hard time with the fact that federal grand jury gives a rat’s ass about whether or not Bonds or anyone else uses steroids. Is the federal government so bored that they must go after baseball players who voluntary use steroids, an act which harms no one the player? Maybe they can better spend their time re-evaluating the necessity of drug laws in the first place.

Barry, if you play kickball, send me an e-mail.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steroids have their place, and we are a land of laws.

I feel Barry Bonds knew what he was doing, and he is in a position unlike most of us, an example for all who play and enjoy sports.

Life is about the decisions we make, or don't make.

hocoblog said...

Reminds me of scooter. all he did was lie to a prosecuter too.

Anonymous said...

Libby lied to a federal grand jury and obstructed justice, so we are talking about apples and oranges. Furthermore, Libby’s lies appear to have been part of a propaganda function to serve the Bush administration, which probably caused harm to the Country. Bonds used drugs to hit a ball. Not exactly the same thing.

Anonymous said...

Before they were in trouble,
How many people wanted to be like Libby, how many like Barry

Libby was destroying Democracy
Barry was destroying Dreams.

I am greedy, I want both Democracy and Dreams.

If forced to pick between the two, I would take Dreams. Dreams created our Democracy. A Democracy without Dreams, could it even exist?